Sunday, March 15, 2009

first post!

I've decided to move my personal journal to blogger. I'm not sure why... but I have, and this is where I will post things about my life from now on.


let's see... this week is going to be intense. my life has come to the point where I have to schedule EVERYTHING. I have to schedule class and work, obviously, but also shopping time and hang out seshs with friends. this week looks a little like this:
today: drop paperwork off at origins, work at guess from 1-6:30
monday: clean apartment, work from 1-7
tuesday: aesthetics class from 8-12, business ownership class from 12:30-4:30, work at guess from 5-8:30
wednesday: intern in old city from 11-8
thursday: run errands, work from 5-close
friday: current designers class from 8-12, history class from 12:30-4:30, then I'm on-call at work from 5-close. if I don't have to work, I'm going to lowes and ikea with bryan.
saturday: work 1-6

also, this week is "week 10" of my classes, so I have a final presentation due in aesthetics, two presentations to do in current designers (since I didn't present last week), and a presentation and a paper due in history.


also, this tuesday I applied for a job at Origins. Thursday I received a call from the manager, asking me if I could come in for an interview that day at 4. I had to be at work at 5, but origins and guess are one block away from each other so I figured I could still make it to work on time. she seemed very optimistic at the interview and pretty much told me I had the job. Friday she called me, and said I got the job!! they're paying me a dollar more per hour than guess. Ideally I wanted a new job so that I could quit guess, but to start out origins can only give me 20 hours a week so I'm going to work at guess and origins for the time being. I haven't told my store manager at guess yet because she was off all weekend. I have to face her tomorrow, though, and I'm pretty scared. I'm already on the schedule at guess through the first week of april, and I'm going to DC that weekend so I'm not sure when exactly I can start at origins. The manager there told me to take my time and if I can't start until april, she's ok with that.


anddd I guess that's it for now... I'm going to try to update this semi-frequently for those of you who care about my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment