Friday, July 10, 2009

last night was janice and jackie's 25th birthday. we (janice, jackie, blair, neshiya, bobby, nic, jen, and craig) all went out. we started at the raven lounge where evan made us birthday shots. then we went to the "sky deck" at vango. they had a lot of stupid rules there that I wasn't fond of. they did have hoegaarden, however, (albeit $7 hoegaarden) so that made it a little better. also from 10-11 on thursdays they apparently have free gin and tonic, and even though no one in the party liked gin, we all got them anyway. then we headed to that new "speakeasy" bar nextdoor. it's called Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co., and I fell in love. the 1920s is one of my obsessions, and I felt that whoever planned this bar got it right! from its hidden exterior, its name, the bartender's and server's outfits, to the drinks, it was amazing. the rest of the gang didn't find it too fun, and after having a beer (pacifico) and one of their cocktails (made from scotch, absinthe, and cognac) I was ready to go, too.
we ended the night at the raven lounge, where john found a cake in the fridge and brought it out for janice. we drank some more and I got home a little after 2.

work today was insane. penelope came in even though she's still sick, because if she didn't I would've had to work from 9:30-7:30 alone (meaning no breaks, not even to go to the bathroom!). she was supposed to stay until 6:30 but left around 3. I was there for 4.5 hours by myself and of course, we got SLAMMED. we haven't been that busy since I've started working there. I sold well over a thousand dollars while she was gone, but I worked for it!! by the time I locked the doors at 7 I wanted to die. and I had to pee like nobody's business since I couldn't take a break for 4.5 hours!!!
I work again tomorrow and sunday, and I have monday off because my parents were supposed to come visit but my mom just called me and cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment