Thursday, July 2, 2009

today was sort of productive. I love having a day off every once in a while, but more than a day drives me insane. I feel like I constantly have to be doing something productive.

I unexpectedly got a paycheck from Guess today; I thought I had already received my last one from them but apparently not! and it was pretty decent too. so, I immediately went grocery shopping. I was down to water, a couple avocados and a block of tofu in the fridge. and, I ran out of cat food last night so Oscar went breakfast-less this morning. I just about died lugging the food back, but I just got some essentials because I didn't want to spend more than $40.
also because of the unexpected check, I booked a hair appointment tomorrow. I used to go to Luna salon, which I absolutely love, but can no longer afford. alas, I booked an appointment at Bubbles. it's a sign of the times I guess! I'll be getting paid from Origins tomorrow, too, which means my rent check (which I mailed out this morning) won't bounce, and I'll even have money left over to pay my utilities!

as you can see, my life is not so interesting. Janice and Jackie are temporarily living in Craig's basement in the southwest while we decide if/when we're going to move in together, and where. there's still the possibility of the 5-bedroom in fishtown. right now I really don't care where I live, I just need to get out of here. I've been searching the internet like crazy, but I can't afford to live by myself and there seems to be a lack of people intersted in finding a place. UGH.

it's almost 9 and I just got back from the laundromat. after hauling too many heavy things today I think I'm going to make some dinner and curl up on the couch watching "The Great Gatsby", which I was supposed to return to the library today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment